Step 9: publishing the site and telling people about it.
Once your site is signed off at both ends, we do a number of things to launch and publicise it.
- repoint your domain name to the new site (this can take 24-72 hours, but is seamless);
- re-register you with leading search engines to draw their attention to the new site;
- submit a specially formatted sitemap to Google, Bing and Yahoo to aid their indexing of the new pages;
- shut down the test version of the site we've
- publicise the launch on your, and our, social networking channels;
- add it to our own portfolio;
- liaise with you about an HTML press release or other notifications.