Step 1: agreeing what will we be done when, and by whom.
We don't believe (or enjoy) preparing bulky documentation for its own sake. But we do know the value of assembling a clear list of the tasks that make up a project - so that both sides are agreed are there are no misunderstandings later. The planning stage includes:
- Collating any existing documents: any written brief from you, our standard questionnaire and an audit of your old site.
- A kick-off meeting to fill in holes and ensure we understand your requirements.
- A definition of your target users and what you want them to get out of visiting your site.
- A hierarchical sitemap listing the pages on your site, with brief notes on the layout, content and functionality of each.
- A Cost Agreement itemizing the work requested and the time involved in each.
- Access to and explanation of Basecamp, our project management tool of choice.
- Setting up checklists of project tasks so you can monitor our progress.
- Setting of proposed milestone dates leading to the site launch.